HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

MLP humanized movie script.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Logan
Admin

PostSubject: MLP humanized movie script.   Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:26 pm

This is a script for a life action film about the first episode of MLP FiM. I'd say 70% of this dialog is from the show, and is sort of a place holder. I have divided the film into three parts in order to help organization and filming.

Part 1-
Mayor speaks, introduces the summer sun celebration, celesta is held in a black room with a single light on her. The crowd is filled with the main characters. NMM makes her entrance. Takes down guard, claims ownership of kingdom and

Part 2-
Party moves through the woods, manticore, and bridge

Part 3-
Climax, NMM defeated, movie ends.

there are sonm obvious changes i have made tot he original script, these including...
0. Ponies are now people I think this goes without saying.
1. It is about 14 pages. I cut out the first part of the episode because it was mainly introduction, and the only people who will really watching this are are those who know whats going on, so the film assumes you have already seen MLP. Also, Songs and music are replaced with fan made remixes or original work of the fans.
2. Some characters are the opposite gender,
3. Flying, and other Pegasus related activities, are gone, replaced with 'athleticism'.
4. Scenarios where changed to keep the theme while remaining plausible to film.
5. Story has been trimmed to exclude things unnecessary, or hard to film. Some magic has been trimmed into metaphor
6. Spike is non existent.
7. in order to fit more of the first episode, introductions will appear as flashbacks. See 1. on next list.

This is script 1.0. In the first edit I hope to make these changes. Keep this in mind while reading this rough draft.

1. There will be no songs sung by actors, or introductions(and flashbacks.). All references to these will be taken out as well. Pinkies song will be translated into simple dialog as music plays in the background.
2. Magic will be gone, replaced with metaphor and social and political power.
3. Names will be changed to be less cringe inducing to our less Brony actors, and humanized to some extent.
4. Since there will be no magic, I will have to find out what the elements are actually going to be.
6. Edit the grammar, spelling and format. Seriously.
7. Story will change from endless night, to a school shutting down. Princess Celestia will be the dean, mayor mare will be a secretary or a school official, and Luna will be some political figure with a beef against the school. This choice was hard for me, but I think it will work for the best. This change will do the most damage to the script and requite the most work. It will make the college setting more believable. This will make 4. even harder to accomplish.

TLDR; This is a laughable excuse for a rough draft draft, and the entire script will need to be re vamped. By second draft, i wouldn't be surprised if half of this had to be taken out.

Current actors,
TS- Geof
Flutter- Logan
Rarity- Nick
RD- chris(have not asked him yet, he is very busy next semester and might not be able to do it.)
PP- sara(have no asked her, but she would be perfect, and would probably be up for it.)

evryone else- up for grabs

Who is everyone else? they are,
AJ- Anyone we can find with a good southern accent.
Masked individuals(2, we may only need 1)-(will be converted to mercenary or someone working for Luna in 2.0)
Manticore-(same)
Security guard/SS-(hoping Tomas could fill this roll.)
mayor-(might cut her out because she is only need for one scene, and this could be done by another character.)
Crowd-(i would like at least 10 or so people so i can film an overhead for the first scene. I don't need it though.)
Shadowbolts- We really only need one, but it would be great to have three.(these will be converted into frat guys in 2.0)
luna-
celestia-

Part 1-
("for the new lunar republic" begins playing)

Starts with Celesta and NMM, Celesta being tied to a chair and NMM standing over her.

NMM- They say, there were once two sisters. One of day, one of night. That is, until you locked me away!

Scene changes to mayor giving speech,

Mayor- Fillies and gentlecolts, as mayor of Ponyville, it is my great pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration!

Scene change to NMM

NMM- But on the longest day, on the thousandth night, the stars shall aid in her escape…

Scene change back to the mayor, and the faces of the people in the crowd.

Mayor: In just a few moments, our town will witness the magic of the sunrise, and celebrate this, the longest day of the year!

NMM- And she shall reign and bring about eternal night!

mayor: And now, it is my great honor to introduce to you the ruler of our land, the very woman who gives us the sun and the moon each and every day,

NMM- Show time!

She turns and walks off screen.

Mayor- The good, the wise, the bringer of harmony to all of Equestria...

Camera shows figure with a crown(NMM) approach the stage from behind.

Mayor- Princess…
The mayor gasps along with the crowd as NMM shows herself. She backs away and NMM gets the mic

NMM- Oh, my beloved subjects. It's been so long since I've seen your precious, little sun-loving faces.

Rainbow Dash: What did you do with our Princess?! (is about to charge the stage, AJ stops RD.)

Applejack: [muffled] Whoa there, Nelly...

Night Mare Moon: [chuckles] Why, am I not royal enough for you? Don't you know who I am?

Pinkie Pie: Ooh, ooh, more guessing games! Um, Hokey Smokes! How about... Queen Meanie! No! Black Snooty, Black Snooty-[makes muffled noises]

Night Mare Moon: Does my crown no longer count now that I have been imprisoned for a thousand years? Did you not recall the legend? Did you not see the signs?

Twilight Sparkle: I did. And I know who you are. You're the Mare in the Moon – Night Mare Moon!

[ponies gasping]

Night Mare Moon: Well well well, somepony who remembers me. Then you also know why I'm here.

Twilight Sparkle: You're here to... to... [gulps]

Night Mare Moon: [chuckles] Remember this day, little ponies, for it was your last. From this moment forth, the night will last forever! (play "tysion Nightmare Night" during previous speach)

Mayor- sieze her!

Guards attempt to attack, but with a wave of her hand they are thrown back.

Rainbow Dash: Come back here! [pants]

NMM teleports away at the last second as RD charges the stage.

NMM(in background)- Catch me if you can. (disapears)

RD- Come back here!...

(Twilight runs outside the building, RD raises an eyebrow.)

(Twilight is in the library, looking through books, )

TS- Elements, elements, elements... Ugh! How can I stop Night Mare Moon without the Elements of Harmony?

Rainbow Dash: And just what are the Elements of Harmony? And how did you know about Night Mare Moon, huh? Are you a spy? Whoa!

Applejack: Simmer down, Sally. She ain't no spy. But she sure knows what's going on. Don't you, Twilight?

Twilight Sparkle: I read all about the prediction of Night Mare Moon. Some mysterious objects called the Elements of Harmony are the only things that can stop her, but I don't know what they are, where to find them, I don't even know what they do!

Pinkie Pie: "The Elements of Harmony: A Reference Guide."

Twilight Sparkle: How did you find that?!

Pinkie Pie: [sing-song voice] It was under "E"!

Twilight Sparkle: Oh. There are six Elements of Harmony, but only five are known: Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Honesty and Loyalty. The sixth is a complete mystery. It is said, the last known location of the five elements was in the ancient castle of the royal sisters. It is located in what is now--

(Scene changes to forest in the dark)

TW- The ever free forest…

Part 2- the challenges

Scene shows NMM and C is room, watching a screen showing the mane 6 in front of the forest. Celestia is bound and cannot speak.

NMM-Enjoying the show? You still think that they can stop me? Well,

(NMM Crouches down to see the TV at eye level with C)

NMM- lets see how far their friendship gets them in the dark.

TW- The Everfree Forest!

Pinkie Pie: Whee! Let's go!

Twilight Sparkle: Not so fast. Look, I appreciate the offer, but I'd really rather do this on my own.

Applejack: No can do, sugarcube. We sure ain't lettin' any friend of ours go into that creepy place alone. We're stickin' to you like caramel on a candy apple.

Everypony: [agreed hmph]

Pinkie Pie: Especially if there's candy apples in there. What? Those things are good.

Twilight Sparkle: [sigh]

Twilight Sparkle: So, none of you have been in here before?

Rarity: Ugh, Heavens no! Just look at it - it's dreadful.

Applejack: And it ain't natural. Folk say it don't work the same as Equestria.

Twilight Sparkle: What's that supposed to mean?

Scene shows NMM, she smiles and snaps her fingers.

Rainbow Dash: Nopony knows. You know why?

Applejack: Rainbow, quit it.

(TW sees NMM in the forest.)

TW- there she is!

Fluttershy: Oh my goodness, oh my goodness.

(TW quickly gives chase with the others following. NMM teleports to the top of a tree where TW climbs and looses glasses)

TW- Oh Celestia!

(Glasses fall off of tree. TW dangles in peril. AJ and FS makes it before anyone else.)

AJ- Jump down she’ll catch you!

(Camera shows blurred vision in the dark, TW is unable to see.)

TW- I can’t see!

AJ- Just trust me, I’m telling the honest to goodness truth, we’ll catch you!

TW closes eyes,
---
Scene changes to day, with TW first meeting Applejack
WORK ON THIS
---

Scene changes to present. TW lets go. Screams. Scene shows TW in the arms of AJ.

TW- Oh hi… I … I knew you would catch me. Didn’t doubt it for a moment.

Others catch up.

R- Applejack are you okay? I heard a woman scream.

(TW narrows eyes after getting glasses.)

TW- lets just get going.

(Scene shows NMM, she giggles.)

NMM-I guess Twilights a little more trusting then I thought… fine. Lets see how they fair against this…

scene change back to group

TW- I don’t think shes friendly.

R- Don’t worry, I got this.

(M fights with R in a small engagement. After neither party landing a hit, R goes to the ground and lands a donky kick, then kicks back to feet.)

R-HA! Take that you ruffian!

(M back fists R quickly, coming back from of screen.)

R-(Spinning back to feet) my, my hair!(walks backwards away from M.)

FS-(trying to interrupt in background) um, wait,

AJ- YEE ha! Get along little doggie! (Jumps on M, stays on for some time as M shakes AJ off.)

FS- wait,

AJ-(having been thrown off,) all yours partner,

RD- I’m on it! (RD takes up a boxing pose and quickly steps around M)

FS-wait!

RD- Yea, happy feet, happy feet, (M aims a strike, misses.) where am i? where am… (M lifts a fist while RD is behind shoulder, knocking RD back.)

TW- Rainbow! (all take up stances, ready to charge M)

FS-Wait!(FS gets in-between the group and M, stands tall, and beings walking towards M.)

(all pause.)

(Scene changes to NMM talking to C)

NMM- Look how your students fall sister. As strong as you made them out to be, I thought they could at least take… (looks back to the screen) What!?

(Scene goes back to parking lot. M is crying in FS’s arms, FS consoles.)

M(crying)- and, and, he never has time for me, he always playing those stupid games on the computer.

FS-sh-sh, it’s okay. It’s okay. It’s all right. Everything is going to be okay.

(Scene shows NMM, staring dumbfounded at the screen.)

TW- I’m, uh, sorry for the misunderstanding.

FS- You’ve just got to tell him that your more important okay?

M- Thank you.

PP- See you around!

R- well, that was weird.

(Scene shows NMM shakes her head and thinks for a moment.)

NMM-(having an idea) lets see if this will scare them.(points to the scene)

(back in forest, Rainbowfactory plays in background.)

Rarity: Eugh. My eyes need a rest from all this icky muck. Well, I didn't mean that literally.

Twilight Sparkle: That ancient ruin could be right in front of our faces and we wouldn't even know it.

Rarity: I didn't see you there, my apologies.

Rainbow Dash: Right here... guh...

Applejack: Oh wait, I think I stepped in somethin'.

Fluttershy: [scream]

(FS sees a masked individual in the darkness)

Applejack: It's just mud. Ahh!

(AJ sees the same)

All but pinkie: [screams]

(figures seem so surround the group)

Pinkie Pie: [laughter] Bleh. Ooo! [funny noises]

(Scene shows PP taunting one in front of their face.)

Twilight Sparkle: Pinkie, what are you doing?! Run!

Pinkie Pie: Oh girls, don't you see?

(Song begins, saltakrits Giggle remix. Half song is played, by the end, the figures are gone. Groups sings and dances to the song.)

(other parts will be voiced by real life counterparts, the songs main vocal with be intact will original.{THIS CAN BE DECIDED LATER. We may record the entire scene with group singing the song in unison, and decide later to dub over it with original song. We will have to see what works.}
)THIS IDEA HAS BEEN STUCK DOWN.

(after song ends, NMM stares in disgust at the screen. She shakes her head and points and the screen in desperation.)

Part 3 (last challenges, final fight)

Group, all-[laughs]

Group comes upon a door. Pinkie pie fails to open door. It’s locked.

Pinkie Pie: How are we gonna cross this?

[SS crys in background]

Pinkie Pie: Huh?

Sea serpent: [sobbing] What a world, what a world. (SS is a guard at the door.)

Twilight Sparkle: Excuse me, sir. Why are you crying?

Sea serpent: Well, I don't know. I was just sitting here, minding my own business, when this tacky little cloud of purple smoke just whisked past me and tore my Favorite tie clean off, and now I look simply horrid.

Rainbow Dash: Oh, give me a break.

Applejack: That's what all the fuss is about?

Rarity: (GASP)Why, of course it is. How can you be so insensitive? Oh, just look at his suit.

Sea serpent: [sniffs] I know.

Rarity: And your expertly coiffed hair.

Sea serpent: Oh, I know, I know.

Rarity: Your fabulous manicure.

Sea serpent: [gasp] It's so true!

Rarity: All ruined without your beautiful tie.

Sea serpent: It's true, I'm hideous!

Rarity: I simply cannot let such a crime against fabulosity go uncorrected.

(R tears off his tie and wraps his hands around SS neck)

Sea serpent: [yelp] What,

Twilight Sparkle: Rarity, what are you-

Sea serpent: [Gasps] Oh-hohohoho! A bow Tie! How wonderful.

Rarity: You look smashing.

Twilight Sparkle: But, Rarity, your bow tie...

Rarity: Oh. It's fine, my dear. Semi formal is in this season. Besides, I can get another

Rainbow Dash:(wispers) So could he.

Twilight Sparkle: So, can we can cross now?

Sea serpent: Allow me.

(Scene changes to NMM holding a tie and angrily looking at the screen with Celestia smiling beside her, wordlessly.)
NMM: Shut it.
(She snaps and disappears. Scene changes to a long ditch with a bridge with a building in the background.)

Twilight Sparkle: There it is, the ruin that holds The Elements of Harmony. We made it.

Applejack: Twilight, wait for us.

Twilight Sparkle: We're almost there. Whoa! (nearly falls in ditch)

Rainbow Dash: What's with you and falling today? (looks at bridge) Looks like its broken.

Pinkie Pie: [sighs] Now what?

(silence)

Rainbow Dash: I can make that jump. Duh.

(judging looks from all around. RD makes the jump.)

Pinkie Pie: Oh yeah.

(scene shows RD in forest, being spoken to by masked individuals.)

Voice: Rainbow...

Rainbow Dash: Who's there?

Voice: Rainbow...

Rainbow Dash: I ain't scared of you! Show yourself!

Voice: We've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the best athlete in Equestria.

Rainbow Dash: Who?

Voice: Why, you, of course.

Rainbow Dash: Really?! I mean... Oh yeah, me. Hey, uh, you wouldn't mind telling the Wonderbolts that, would ya? 'cause I've been trying to get into that group for like, ever.

Voice: No, Rainbow Dash. We want you to join us, The Shadowbolts.

Shadowbolt: We're the greatest team in the Everfree Forest, and soon we will be the greatest in all Equestria, but first, we need a captain. The most magnificent-

Rainbow Dash: Yep.

Shadowbolt: Swiftest-

Rainbow Dash: Yes.

Shadowbolt: Bravest flyer in all the land.

Rainbow Dash: Yes, [chuckle] it's all true.

Shadowbolt: We need... you.

Rainbow Dash: WOOHOO! Sign me up. Just let me tie this bridge real quick and then we have a deal.

Shadowbolt: No! It's them or us.

Twilight Sparkle: Rainbow, what's taking so long? Oh no. Rainbow! Don't listen to them.

Shadowbolt: Well?

Rainbow Dash: You...

(Masked figure smiles.)

RD: Thank you! For the offer, I mean, but I'm afraid I have to say no.
[ponies cheering, leader takes off mask to show she was NMM, then disappears.]

Rainbow Dash: See? I'd never leave my friends hangin'.

(The group makes it inside the last building, there are artifacts lying on a table.)

Applejack: Whoa. Come on, Twilight. Isn't this what you've been waitin' for?

Twilight Sparkle: The Elements of Harmony, we've found them. Careful, careful!

Pinkie Pie: One, two, three, four... There's only five!

Rainbow Dash: Where's the sixth?

Twilight Sparkle: The book said: when the five are present, a spark will cause the sixth Element to be revealed.

Applejack: What in the hay is that supposed to mean?

Twilight Sparkle: I'm not sure, but I have an idea. Stand back. I don't know what will happen.

Applejack: Come on now, y'all. She needs to concentrate.

(TS puts hand over the elements and concentrates. She then disappears.)

Twilight Sparkle: Aah!

Everypony: Twilight!
[All five ponies talking over each other: Fluttershy: Twilight? Applejack: What? Rarity: Where did she go? Pinkie Pie: What happened? Rainbow Dash: What's going on?]

Applejack: Twilight, where are you?
Rarity: Look!
Applejack: Come on!

(TS wakes up, facing NMM. The elements are around NMM )(play lunar republic.)

Twilight Sparkle: [coughs, gasps]
Night Mare Moon: [evil laugh]
Twilight Sparkle: [gasp]

(TS gets ready to charge, takeing up a fighting stance.)

Night Mare Moon: You're kidding. You're kidding, right?

(TS runs, NMM follows suit with a grin, charging at TS. After a dramatic slow mo punch, TS teleports just in time to reach the elements unharmed behind NMM.)

Twilight Sparkle: [groan] Just one spark. Come on, come on. Aah!

(Tries to use magic with elements.)

Night Mare Moon: No, no!

(TS is knocked back by a teleporting NMM. NMM then stomps the ground, shattering the elements.)

Twilight Sparkle: [gasp] But... where's the sixth Element?!

Night Mare Moon: [laughter] You little fool! Thinking you could defeat me? Now you will never see your princess, or your sun! The night will last forever! [evil laugh]

[All five ponies talking over each other return to the scene by TS side: Pinkie Pie: Don't worry Twilight, we're here. Applejack: Don't worry, we'll be there.] (TS gets a realization and smiles.)

Twilight Sparkle: [gasp] You think you can destroy The Elements of Harmony just like that? Well, you're wrong, because the spirits of The Elements of Harmony are right here.

Night Mare Moon: What?

Twilight Sparkle: Applejack, who reassured me when I was in doubt, represents the spirit of... honesty!

Twilight Sparkle: Fluttershy, who tamed the manticore with her compassion, represents the spirit of... kindness!

Twilight Sparkle: Pinkie Pie, who banished fear by giggling in the face of danger, represents the spirit of... laughter!

Twilight Sparkle: Rarity, who calmed a sorrowful serpent with a meaningful gift represents the spirit of... generosity!

Twilight Sparkle: And Rainbow Dash, who could not abandon her friends for her own heart's desire represents the spirit of... loyalty!

Twilight Sparkle: The spirits of these five ponies got us through every challenge you threw at us.

Night Mare Moon: You still don't have the sixth Element! The spark didn't work!

Twilight Sparkle: But it did! A different kind of spark. I felt it the very moment I realized how happy I was to hear you, to see you, how much I cared about you. The spark ignited inside me when I realized that you all are my friends. You see, Night Mare Moon, when those Elements are ignited by the... the spark, that resides in the heart of us all, it creates the sixth element: the element of... magic.

(Each Member gets an article of jewelry with their cutie mark on it as they do, they speak, starting with rarity, the sun rises once they all have their necklaces.)
Fluttershy: Why Rarity, it's so lovely.

Rarity: I know! I'll never part with it again.

Fluttershy: No. Your necklace. It looks just like your cutie mark.

Rarity: What? Ooh. So does yours.

Fluttershy: [gasp]

Pinkie Pie: Look at mine! Look at mine!

Rainbow Dash: Aw yeah.

Applejack: Gee, Twilight! I thought you were just spoutin' a lot of hooey, but I reckon we really do represent the elements of friendship.

Night Mare Moon: NOOO! Nooo! (she backs away from the group, in the sunlight now. She backs into PC)

Princess Celestia: Indeed you do.

Twilight Sparkle: [gasps] Princess Celestia.

Princess Celestia: Twilight Sparkle, my faithful student. I knew you could do it. I saw the signs of Night
Mare Moon's return and I knew it was you who had the magic inside to defeat her, but you could not unleash it until you let true friendship into your heart. Now if only another will as well. Princess Luna!

Princess Luna: [gasp]

Princess Celestia: It has been a thousand years since I have seen you like this. Time to put our differences behind us. We were meant to rule together, little sister.

Everypony: Sister?

Princess Celestia: Will you accept my friendship?

(PP leans to much forward and falls)
Pinkie Pie: Whoa!

Princess Luna: I'm so sorry! I missed you so much, big sister!

(L hugs PC. She returns the embrace)

Princess Celestia: I've missed you, too.

(the group watches, PP is crying.)

Pinkie Pie: [blows her nose] [sobs] Hey, you know what this calls for?

Pinkie Pie: A party!

(Pinkies lie plays. Party scenes with all cast members roll as credits roll in the foreground.)

After credits.

Pinkie Pie: Isn't this exciting? Are you excited cause I'm excited I've never been so excited, well, except
for the time that I went [gasp] but I mean really-

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncwriters.forumotion.com

MLP humanized movie script.
Page 1 of 1